This may be a basic help post, but, it can be frustration when you haven’t changed the AF Point options for while. There are several choices to pick from.
- All AF points available for focus (the camera chooses ONE point automatically)
- One AF point available for focus (You decide which of the AF points will be used)
- A block of AF points available for focus. (A block of 9 (or 6 around the edges) AF points are selected by you, and the camera chooses ONE AF point in that block)
Now, each has a reason to use, and that will be up to you.
To get started, bring up the Super Control Panel (SCP) on the LCD and pick the AF target button.
- Push the OK button
- Push the INFO button
- Use the up/down arrow buttons to the 3 ways you use AF points
- Use the right/left arrows to pick the different face detect option (A good feature with all selections)
- Push the INFO again so you can use the arrow buttons to adjust the AF point, or AF Block to where you want.
- Push the OK button to exit these settings and return to the LCD live View.